Thursday, August 16, 2012

1st Day, Snacks, and Folders

 
We had a wonderful first day in Kindergarten!  I really enjoyed getting to know your children and look forward to seeing them tomorrow.
A.M. class parent pick ups - Thank you for waiting patiently as I walked the bus riders to their busses. 
P.M. class drop-off parents - Thank you for waiting patiently in the lobby until class started.
 
All students came home with two folders today.  The yellow/green folder will be the folder I will check for papers that need to be turned in and notes.  However, if you have any TRANSPORTATION changes, please contact the office and send a note!  You can also send me an email ahead of time, but please don't send the email thinking that I will see the email before dismissal.  Sometimes I do not have a chance to check e-mail until after school.  Contacting the office about transportation changes is very important.  The 2nd folder the students came home with is the Red or Green Character Calendar.  I will use this folder to communicate with you about your child's daily behavior.
 
Curriculum Night is Tues. Aug. 28th at 7pm.  I will discuss the Character Calendar, curriculum, classroom procedures and expectations in more detail on this evening.  If you have any questions you would like answered before then, please don't hesitate to contact me.
 
SNACKS   
I am a "snack free classroom".  There are students in the classroom with severe peanut allergies and I believe safety of all the students is very important.  If you feel that your child needs to have a snack during their class day, please feel free to contact me and I will try to work something out with the nurse.  I will also discuss this in more detail on Tues. Aug. 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment